Welcome to SPoTS

After wanting to do it for quite a while, I finally decided to create a blog about one among many of my hobbies: photography.

Last year, I've re-discovered my passion for photography and have been very actively learning and increasing my skill. Among many genre of photography that I've tried, the Street Photography, in particular, is the one that is the most interesting genre for me.



Street photography itself, could be defined in many ways, and arguably, could have a wide or narrow interpretation. Some said that street photography must be done candidly and spontaneously, without any or with minimal interference from the photographer itself. I've also read and heard arguments that posed shot of random people on the street also counts as street photography, as long as it was not done in a studio or other controlled environment. Others may even argued that street photography has to be done in an urban environment, or on the other words: on the street, while others reject that arguments.

I personally defined my street photography as candid capture of people on the street, which can be literally on the street or on other public area within a city or a village. In that case, I like to refer to Bruce Gilden's quote about street photography:

"If you can smell the street by looking at the photo, it’s a street photograph."

Now, about SPoTS, or Shooting People on The Streets.

That abbreviation and words has been on my mind for few weeks now, particularly due to the fact that I did shooting people on the street, but not with guns, but with my camera. I can't get that words out from my mind, so I decided that it will be the title of my new photography blog. Thus, here I am, with my first entry of my street photography blog.

I hope you will enjoy my photograph, and please leave a comment if you like, dislike, or feel you have anything to say about my blog entries or my photographs.

Here are few photographs that I've taken for the last few months, with a short paragraphs or sentences to describe either the process, interpretation, or simply my thought when or after I take the pictures.

When I walk across the pedestrian bridge, I notice that this spot was perfect to take a photo. Then I wait for few minutes, until someone finally passed through. It was great that the road is completely empty at that time. Title: "On the Spiral" 

Taken around Fremantle, Perth, WA. I was on my way to Fremantle Market during a noon with a sun high on the sky. But then I notice that the high sun actually create a good contrast between light and dark area.

These two old ladies might be a devoted Christian that will attend a mass during Easter day. It's a bit hard to see, but the balloon actually said 'Choose Jesus' and 'Right Choice'. Title: "Old Friend"

Captured in the middle of the road at Fremantle. I actually had to wait for minutes until someone with an interesting clothes or gesture to passed in front of me. Title: "At the Cross"


Comments